Shai Agassi –
“How would you run acountry without oil?”
“Electric Car Success?”
- More convenient [not drive for an hour and charge for 8]
- More affordable [not a 40k car]
Seperate the car ownership and the battery ownership
- Network before devices (Charge when you stop)
- own to car, subscribe to miles (battery swap system…drive and get the next one in a quick service area.
Molecules to Electronics – Battery is not the gastank. Battery in this sense is the crude oil. Crude Oil is replaced with the battery. Buy gMiles and now you buy eMiles
eMiles 5 year Moore Curve
2010 8c per mile | 2015 4c per mile | 2020 2c per mile….
Ghosn “Hybrids are like mermaids, when you woman you get a fish and when you want a fish you get a woman.”
Where is the car industry?
- Car1.0 – We’ll make a powerplant in the trunk. FAIL
- Car2.0 – New market, business model, minutes, miles, subsidize the price of the car. Our Cars will be cheaper than 1.0 cars.
Solve Big problems
Zero & Infiniti. Don’t Pad CO2
one ICE car = 4 tons co2 /year
700M ICE cars release 2.8 billion tons CO2 / year
Cars represent 25% of the worlds CO2 emissions